Wednesday, January 2, 2008

BRR RIDGE

How cold was it today in The Ridge? So damn cold people were adding an extra syllable to the word "freezing" -- "fuhreezing!"

Right now Wunderground says it's 19.7 degrees. Add the ever present wind chill and it feels like 11 degrees. You know what it feels like to me? It feels like it's time to book my jetBlue ticket to Los Angeles asap. And jetblue is having a fantastic sale right now, by the by.

I'm a self-proclaimed winter-wuss. I fully admit it. I hated winter when I was growing up in NJ. I always dreamed of living in Los Angeles or any place where winter meant maybe putting on a sweatshirt. But here you have to bundle layer upon layer to face frigid mother nature with her piercing polar breath and then the second you step inside you have to strip faster than a sailor at Polly Adler's before you overheat.

And tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. I never thought I'd have to snuggle up to a witch's mammilla to keep warm but I suppose there's a first for everything.

No comments: