With one more sleep until Change We Need, the internet is being flooded with articles about George W. Bush claiming the title of Worst President Ever. Was he the worst? Time will tell. I wasn't fond of him. The few things, in my mind, the he did right (increasing aid to Africa, aid to victims in Darfur) will be overshadowed by the many things he did wrong.
And the criticism is coming in from all over the world.
Scotland: America is now hated in many parts of the world. The shoe hurled at him during a visit to Iraq last month sums up the anger felt by Millions of people.
Canada: Farewell to George W. Bush, the worst American president ever and one of the worst "friends" to Canada ever to reside in the White House.
Ireland: “W” stands for Worst.
Malaysia: Bush stands to be one of the worst, if not the worst, US president of all times.
Jamaica: George Bush is the worst president in modern America, considering the global crises which occurred under his presidency.
The Telegraph lists what it deems as Bush's 20 Worst Moments:
- No WMDs
- Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job.
- No Post-War Plan for Iraq
- Permitting Torture
- Ignoring Pre-9/11 Terror Memo
- "Mission Accomplished"
- Entering Iraq without a UN mandate.
- Insisting there was a link between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda
- Failing to capture Osama bin Laden
- Abandoning the Kyoto Protocol
- Refusing to let Katrina ruin his holiday
- Underestimating the cost of the war
- Lack of body armour for US troops
- Failure to include Louisiana's coastal parishes in state of emergency plan
- Tax cuts for the wealthy
- Losing focus on Afghanistan
- Limiting stem cell research
- Appointment and backing of Alberto Gonzales
- Awarding lucrative Iraq reconstruction contracts to Halliburton
- Warrantless Wiretapping