Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

 
Another year is upon us and that means another round of resolutions are made. I read somewhere that only 8% of New Year Resolutions are successful. That's not a great statistic but it might not be the worst thing in the world. Think of the stress relief when you no longer have to succeed at a resolution. Take my resolution to write a post every day in 2014. Already broken. Boom. I now have 362 stress-free days.

There are, however, some really wonderful resolutions for the new year.  Here are some I found. Mashable has an article 7 New Year's Resolutions That Take 5 Seconds Each. I particularly like:
  • Keep in Touch With Your Parents. I have one left so I plan on keeping in touch with my mom as much as possible. She now has an iPhone so it's easy to text when we can't talk.
  • Learn Something New Every Day. The coldest temperature ever recorded is -135.8F. FYI: a witch's tit is warmer.
  • Help Someone Achieve Their Dreams. Crowdfunding sites, like Kickstarter and Indiegogo are hot. My friend Jane Lui did a Kickstarter campaign so she could record a kick-ass version of Waterfall. She met her goal in about an hour. Awesome.
The Daily Beast has 15 Achievable New Year's Resolutions. I fancy:
  • If you want to quit smoking: This year, no smoking and pooping at the same time!
  • If you want to eat better food: no meals from gas stations.
  • If you are someone who struggles,who messes up, who dwells on past mistakes, who tries to do right, who imagines they are a sham, and not the person they can and should be: Yes, me too, and every single other human being in the world. This year, just try to be 4 percent nicer and carry around antibacterial gel.
And here's the video my friend Jane made.

1 comment:

fashion shoes said...

Christian Louboutin Pumps are so famous for the luxurious and distinctively styled designs, which enhances personal vogue taste and make it easy to match with varied dressing ways.
Christian Louboutin Pumps 12 CM Black Red Pointed
Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Heel Black Sheepskin Pointed
Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Wine Red Pointed
cheap christian louboutin pumps sale online and free shipping
http://www.clsneakersmall.com