Thursday, March 6, 2008

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY


This week marks my one year anniversary of living in Bay Ridge. I moved here a year ago from Los Angeles, where I lived for 9 years. Before that I lived in God's Waiting Room, Florida, for 4 years. Here are some rambling random thoughts and observations, in no particular order, about moving back to the northeast.

I hate the cold weather as much as I did when I was growing up here.

Ditto for the humidity.

I love being closer to family and friends.

I love that people here have jobs that are not in film and television.

Tanoreen rocks my world.

I love walking to Sunset Park for killer dim sum.

I love the friendly regulars and employees at "my" Starbucks.

Peppino's Pizza is fantastic.

Thank you, Lord, for real bagels.

I miss my LA friends.

I miss the LA weather.

I miss my tennis court, heated pool, and jacuzzi.

I hardly ever see breast implants anymore.

I never thought grocery aisles could be as narrow as the ones at the Associated.

I miss a Trader Joe's on every corner.

Being in the Ridge when the Giants won the Superbowl was an amazing experience.

I love hearing the sound of boats on the Narrows.

Who knew one town could support so many 99 cent stores?

There are more parades in Bay Ridge than anywhere else I've lived.

I've never heard the f-bomb used as a noun, a verb, an adjective, and an adverb in one sentence more times than in Bay Ridge.

To be continued...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean to tell me 3 episodes of Murder She Wrote got you a heated pool and a jacuzzi?

Where?

In the Valley?

125th and Crenshaw?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Lefty! May you have many more.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!

We should hang out now that I have nothing going on!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Don't cry over LA. I live both in LA and BR and as I sit here, I can't think of one thing other than watching dolphins in the ocean that make me long for the West Coast.
OK, maybe In and Out Burger.

Mark said...

Oh sure, bring up In and Out Burger! Mmmmm -- In and Out Burger.

Anonymous said...

Lemme know- I will bring you one back next time. I am a double double animal style protein style hold the mustard.