Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HUMP DAY



It's Hump Day in the Ridge. Cloudy, overcast, dreary. So what better way to fritter away life than to take another step towards "stalker" status.

Melisa Christian - Dentist, Olympic Marathon Trial Qualifier, Future Wife and/or Filer of Restraining Order. There's an interview with Melisa in Runner's World, as if writer Peter Gambaccini thinks he can cozy up to her without me noticing. I also noticed that one question and answer was deleted from his published interview. Here is the deleted Q&A:


What was the one thing that stuck out in your mind about the NYC Marathon?
MC: At mile 3 there was a man in the crowd. Handsome, cute, magnetic -- a half eaten donut in his mouth. I tried to yell out my phone number but I was also hydrating -- that's not a euphemism. I'm hoping to somehow find him. It sounds corny, I know, but I felt a real connection with him. Maybe we could meet at the top of the Empire State Building. Just like Sleepless in Seattle or An Affair to Remember, which Sleepless totally ripped off. Anyway, Handsome Mystery Man, if you read this please contact me!

No comments: