Friday, November 30, 2007

EGG FOO YOUNG


This week I've been sequestered in our place, taking care of our sick 2 year old. She's had a fever now for five days, we've been to the doctor, the emergency room, and going back to the doctor tomorrow.

I think we've watched The AristoCats 857 times. I now have the song "Everybody Wants to be a Cat" seared into my head.

But what I really love about the film is the Chinese Cat. He definitely should be filed under "What? What's so offensive?" He's a Siamese cat ('natch), has almond shaped eyes, has two very prominent buck teeth, and speaks with a wonderfully offensive Chinese accent. And as you can see in this picture, the good folks at Disney like to put things on his head that look like cooli hats.

In the big song, he sings:
Shanghai, Honk Kong, Egg Foo Yong.
Fortune cookie always wrong.
Then later in the song, when one of the little kittens blows a trumpet he says:
Yah, he brew it!
What? What's so Offensive?

No comments: