Wednesday, January 7, 2009

BACK IN THE RIDGE


After six weeks in Florida and a week in the Bahamas, I am back and once again left in Bay Ridge. And the Northeast weather has slapped me back to reality: Rainy, cold and gray. Oh how I miss my blue skies and warm sunshine.

My three year old daughter, who is of the same mind as me when it comes to weather, and I were discussing the yucky weather this morning. She said to me, "You know what else is yucky, daddy?"

"What else is yucky, sweety?"

"Staten Island."

So very true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Now what happened to your Bay Ridge Partner in Crime, the Rover?

Anonymous said...

At varied points in my childhood, we lived in - or had family in - every borough EXCEPT Staten Island.
My mother's maxim was: "If you're ever tempted to move there, see a shrink."