Monday, September 29, 2008

MY ANONYMOUS SUPER-EGO


Dear Reader,

I'd like to apologize for the foul language and outright nastiness I wrote this morning.

When I was born, an evil fairy cast a spell on me: before my 16th year, I would wage war with my Super-Ego.

With the help of some benevolent fairies and a barrel full of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, I have been able to keep my Anonymous Super-Ego at bay.

But recently I have been losing the war. My first defeat came back in June when my ASE broke through and berated me for my childish post.

This morning was a major loss. My superior and omniscient ASE ravaged me. So I must confess. Yes, I believed the silly chain letter and thought the best way out of our financial mess would be to give everyone $400,000.00. A "friend" didn't send it to me. A "friend" forwarded it to me. Who am I kidding? I have no friends. I found it on a website.

I believe all chain letters. I've given money to deposed kings throughout Africa. My ASE knows I want to be a reporter but I'm too damn lazy to do any research. I post whatever comes into my head. I slave and slave over every post but the best I can manage are posts not worthy of a 4th grade book report.

I'm a fraud. A sham. I'm an ignorant, cajones-challenged writer with a Napolean complex, who only wants people to agree with me 100% of the time.

I am a sad sad man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of Mark's blog, myself...it's basically Rob K and Rover's blog just with better sentence structure. That being said, Mark has the right to post whatever he wants, just as we have the right to ignore it.

Personally I think these ridiculous comments say more about him/her as a reader, than it does about Mark as a known writer of satire. You should be taking what mark says at face value.

Then again, this is probably the same fool flooding the site with all that anti-abortion nonsense.